Please note that this feature may not be available for your provider.
This feature allows end users to charge Insurance credit cards for multiple accounts/bills at the same time. These insurance payments are part of a new entity which is what the payments are applied against. Since most of the insurance payments will go through other channels, this is a complementary system, designed to capture the small percentage of transactions when Insurance providers want to pay the hospital directly. The payments are applied on a bill level and not on the account/guarantor level.
These payments are different from manual payments. Manual payments are kept on the account but for insurance payments we assume that we already have the bill on the account, so that we can pre-populate the name, and eventually the insurance amount, based on the account/bill/PRN numbers. When this payment is taken nothing shows on the patient’s account at first. Simplee will process the payment, generate a report, and send that to the provider. Once the provider has verified the data and returned it to Simplee, then the payments will be posted.
In order to use this feature please follow these steps:
- First, choose the processor entity. You can search for the entity by typing the title into the form
- Next enter the patient identifier, which will pre-populate the patient name
- However you will have the option to enter/select another name
- If you have an additional bills that need to have an insurance payment applied to that are within the same entity, you can add lines to enter in these additional bills
- Select proceed and then you will be prompted to enter the payment information. At this time we can only accept credit card payments
These insurance payments can also be found within the payment reports. For all of the payment related reports, Payments Detailed, Payments Summary, etc, there is a new option under the Payment Type filter. When you open this filter you can select either Patient Payments or Insurance Payments.
Important: There is no way to refund or void these payments within Simplee. If the payment needs to be refunded or voided it must done through the provider’s systems or processes that are outside of Simplee.