Steps to changing com ports
- Stop triPos.net Service
- Under Ports (COM&LPT) you will see the device listed.
- Right click and go to properties, then to the Port Settings tab.
- Next click advanced, then select the COM Port Number you would like to use and click OK.
- COM6 or any COM port that is not being shown as in use under Ports (COM&LPT) in the device manager should be fine.
- Next, you will need to open the triPOS.config located within the triPOS Service directory.
- Within the triPOS.config you will need to find the laneId you are utilizing with triPOS which is laneId=”1”.
- Update the <comPort> from 9 to 6 or whatever COM port number that was selected in the previous step.
- Lastly, save the triPOS.config file and restart the triPOS service.