It’s easy and instant to void or refund a payment in SimpleePAY.
Only certain users will have refund and void permissions. However, any SimpleePAY user can be granted these permissions.
To void or refund a patient, you will first need to locate the patient's account in Simplee. After you have done this select the Payment tab on the page. This will display all of the transactions for the account. Find the payment you wish to void or refund and then select the link on the right hand side of the screen.
- If a card or check payment is cancelled the same day it was collected (before 10pm Eastern Time) no charge will show on the patient’s card. This is known as a void. However some banks will mark the funds as pending, but that will drop off their account within a few business days.
- Any backoffice user can void a payment.
- At 10pm Eastern Time, all card and check payments settle. After this point, the patient’s card will show a charge. In order to cancel it, you will need to issue a refund.
- Only certain SimpleePAY users have access to refunds. If a user has this permission they’ll see a “Refund” link next to a payment record in the patient’s account. Otherwise, this space will be blank.
- The refund can either be for the full amount or only a portion of the total transaction.
- Refunds generally take 5-10 business days to appear back on a patient’s card or in their account, depending on the issuing bank.