This usually means the hospital/provider stopped sending this account to Simplee in their daily files. Thus, we don’t know what happened to the balance. It may be that the patient paid outside of Simplee, the account was sent to collections, or there was an additional adjustment. When we don’t know why an account disappeared from one day to the next, we mark it as “Unknown”. The specific reason may vary depending on how your hospital handles this data.
Articles in this section
- Can you move a payment between accounts or practices?
- Can I reprint a payment receipt?
- Manual Payments
- Taking Checks & Cash
- What is a Scheduled Payment?
- Can I collect co-pays at time of service?
- Can I void/refund an Insurance payment?
- Can I collect payment for multiple bills in one transaction?
- How can I tell if a payment is declined?
- What does the “Copay/Pre Payments: (Unapplied payments)” mean?